Wednesday 24 July 2019

Staying Mute in the Heat.

Last night when I came home I was raging. Not because it was so hot, or the traffic was bad or anything other than it has not been an easy week. I could have ranted on here but I chose to stay mute. We will just leave it there.

Today is Wednesday so opera time. I've not seen much of today's extraordinary events at Westminster other than confirmation my country remains deeply divided. A prime minister who is elected only by his or her party members rather than the country does not bode well for anyone. This is the fourth time this has happened in my lifetime and if I recall neither Jim Callahan nor Gordon Brown went on to win the next election, and Theresa May lost her majority. How will Boris Johnson do? Given the state of our situation not well I would imagine.

Steering clear of that though other my passing comment. Instead I will focus on Mozart and my book. That is assuming I do not wilt in the intense heat and oppressive atmosphere. We Brits do not do so well in this situation. Will the thunder come again and save us from oppression? The power of my medication made me oblivious to the raging storms last night.

Looking forward though I have only one more day at work before a long weekend. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, review days so often go horribly wrong. In all the time I've been there it has been hard not to feel isolated. That hasn't really changed despite there being more people there now.

I will have company at the weekend though as my friend Marie is coming up from Kent on Friday. Thought we might venture out for a late lunch at The White Horse in Burnham Green.

Not sure I will get to post again until next week. Stay safe and hydrated in the sun. Bye.

I Heard a Voice.

PS What a disastrous day for England at Lord's, utterly humiliated by Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment