Saturday 6 April 2019

Donizetti on a Dull Day.

It's not very warm today. The sun made a brief appearance earlier but now seems to have gone on holiday behind a blanket of cloud. I've made it through another week with a brief blip on Wednesday. We now lie a week away from the end of term and what I hope will be a slow down.

After a foray into town I've been listening to Joan Sutherland and Luciano Pavarotti in Donizetti's opera Mary Stuart. I've done the washing, clearing, tidying and rubbish as well as preparing clean sheets. I will sleep well tonight on those. The rest of the day will be simple. Belly pork marinated with fennel seeds and garlic will go in the oven around 4 pm for a slow roast. It is perhaps my signature dish although I give credit to Sam and Sam Clark for publishing such a brilliant recipe in the first Moro cook book.

Gary will join me to eat at around 6.30 pm and to indulge in some Rioja. Ali is out on a ladies night with many of our friends. Hosted by my friend Shameze it will be a man free zone for several hours. No doubt we will see the results later when those left standing make it to The Hedgehog. 

At some point I'm going to need to spend a weekend on my own. The last few have been busy. This one too as I'm going out for a late lunch with my friend Madeline tomorrow to The North Star. Never been there before. Maybe next weekend I can shut the door and enjoy my own company.

Enjoy the weekend however grey it may be. Look after yourselves and see you again soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment