Saturday 5 January 2019

Gentle Saturday, Calm Before the Storm.

On this cold grey Saturday I'm having a very gentle day. Having done most of what I needed to do in the week I just finished the cleaning this morning. Woke very late as I stayed up long into the night to watch The History Boys. Need to get back into a routine for the coming of reality.

My friends were meeting in The Plume of Feathers for a bit of a session so having done what I needed to do I drove out and joined them for a while. Very pleasant pub in winter and summer, surrounded my lush farmland sitting in the garden with my puffer was very peaceful.

Home now I am listening to Haydn and just relaxing. Rare steak and Medoc are on the menu tonight. Tomorrow will be spent alone with some opera and the salivating anticipation for slow roast pork in the evening. It will I hope be the calm before the storm.

Come Monday morning I will need to get up and go back in. I'm told last week was quiet. Let's hope it is not too fraught. In a slightly unusual change from the norm I'm doing some filming that afternoon as some students are working on a film that is mental health related for their project and for YouTube. A year ago I simply couldn't have done it. But then a year ago I was barely leaving the flat. Now that my fear is less prominent we will see what happens. It will not be the first time I'm been filmed there but not been asked since the terrible coming of the all pervading anxiety and fear that descended on my life back in 2015.

I anticipate drop ins from people who have panicked in their exams. I do feel for them going straight into semester A exams after the break. Then time will fly to May for them and all will be over. Can it really be that I'm half way through my twelve year mark by then? All seems a life time away now that I packed up and moved here. Thoughts of going back home sometimes come to me but for now I will stick with what I know.

During the dark days of 2018 it never seemed possible I would ever resurrect myself. Now I suppose I have. Just need to keep going a day at a time.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment