Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Judgement of Paris.

Well hello, it has been a while. It is now 2 weeks since my post about the phantom viewers or perhaps no viewers at all. It is 11 days since my last post on Friday carnage. Well it has been eventful and tiring hence the fact I have not been on here. The viewers, if I believe the figures have come back in their droves. We are not even half way through November I am well on course to break my record number of viewers which came in July. As for the the carnage I wrote of it has well and truly carried on. I am earning my money.

There are other things that have come to light. Apparently I don't do emotional work with my students. Or psychological work. I provide practical advice so I'm told. I wonder what my students make of that? Furthermore, I am merely a source of expert advice, I do not know a suicide risk if I see one, and it is useful to have friends in high places. Yes it has been eventful.

This has got me thinking what exactly do I do? Perhaps more importantly is who is my judge? The simple answer to those to questions is I just have conversations with people, and I am judged by those who seek me out. Maybe that is my grand delusion. I started thinking today of whether a delusion can be a delusion if it is collectively held? Answers in the comments box if you can help me on that.

In reality what matters is the quality of how I say what I say and manage these conversations. That is my great skill. Whilst I downplay what I do I seem to have a track record of quickly working out those whom no one else could work out. So many I see have sought help before and been let down. I guess I pick up the pieces. Is that why people come back repeatedly and I got nominated for the award that wasn't?

One day if I can find the words maybe I will try to quantify what I do and write a 3rd book. But what of the judgement in today's post title? Well I leave that to others. I have decided the way forward when I come home is to ask myself the question did I do some good today? And for the last 2 days I have achieved that.

As an aside from my inane rambling I had an excellent lunch with incomparable Dory yesterday. Just a shame that I could not spend longer with her. I had to rush back to clear up yet more shit that had hit the fan. I don't know if I'm riding the crest of the large wave but it certainly hasn't sunk me yet!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment