Saturday 2 July 2011

Do We Change with Age?

I had a terrible night's sleep. For years I have been plagued by nightmares and they certainly came out to play last night. Was also rudely awakened by the postman. Much to my surprise though I woke up in a buoyant mood well on the plus side of my scale. But back to nightmares.

A haunting face from the past appeared not once but twice last night. Before I went on risperidone I saw visions of her although rarely did she have a face. Last night she did. But it was the face of someone I knew 15 years ago. I wonder how much she has changed in that time? We all change with age but I'm sure that when we dream we can only conceptualise people as they were the last time we saw them.

Talking of change, my taste has changed radically in the last few days. I was in Cambridge on Thursday visiting an old friend. Purely by chance we went to a pub for lunch which had a beer festival on. I've always hated real ale but on Thursday I bit the bullet and tried some. And bloody good it was too! So this afternoon I went out to another country pub and had some more. Can't believe what I have been missing. Finally at the age of 41 maybe I have developed a real taste for proper beer.

Turning to Puglia tonight to eat. Something of a change of plan as I was supposed to be going to London today to sit for a portrait. So it is sausage and potato braised with lemon and bay. All courtesy of Rick Stein. Will let you know how it goes.

Back to work Monday; not looking forward to it after my week from hell before I was off.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment