Saturday 9 July 2011

Bring on the Black Pigs!

One of the great delicacies that I know is the Iberico Jamon from acorn fed black pigs. If you've never tried it do, it's fantastic. The only problem is the price-that's why I rarely buy it.

There are few places on London I like to visit more than Borough Market. And it has been ages since I went. So today I took my friend Katherine there. She was a Borough Market virgin! Can you imagine living in London and never having been there?

Wherever I go I always seek out food markets. There are so many throughout the world but in the UK there are few better than Borough. Had a great day despite the crowds but by God did I spend some money. Came away with Iberico Jamon, Chorizo, paprika and some wonderful rib of beef from the Ginger Pig. So rare beef tomorrow. I guess I'd better go and buy some rioja.

Actually it has been three days on trains. On Thursday I travelled to Leeds for a conference. I didn't really want to go but it is sort of insinuated that I should. And much to my surprise it was great. Men's mental health is something that vexes us all in the business. It is so hard to get them engaged. But we had some great speakers all of whom work in the same way as me. Also looks like I will sell some books and may have a couple of speaking engagements to come in the future. Travelled home yesterday tired but pleased.

I plan to have a quiet rest of the weekend to catch up on my sleep. Beginning to get hungry again now so may go and visit Joey in Hakalok-something light I think.

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

PS If I'm very lucky I might some beef dripping tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment