Monday 4 July 2011

The Cherry Season is Here!

For someone who doesn't like nuts I have a strange passion-florentines. Decided to indulge in one today only to discover that the only place that sells them here has put the price up by over 15%! Outraged!

So if I'm talking about florentines, what you might ask has that got to do with the cherry season? Well it's a bit of tenuous link but most of the time I can't afford cherries either. So it is always a great pleasure come July when the cherry season arrives and the prices become more reasonable. I love cherries so I guess I'll be buying a few in the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday was gastronomic decadence for me, slow roast lamb with honey, rosemary and garlic followed by a big bowl of cherries. Fantastic!

In the world away from food I went back to work today. Spent most of the day dealing with or deleting some of the 170 e mails in my inbox. Most were very boring but some were useful.

Also had a look at some other blogs. An interesting one on the MIND website about Personality Disorder and how people are being cast aside by services because of such a dubious and ludircrous diagnosis. Services are changing and I'm not sure it is for the better. When I work with people with PD labels it is usually very hard and complex but do I work any less hard than with others? Of course not! For years I've referred to personality disorder as the psychiatric dustbin-they are the damned. No one seems to give a shit as I knew only too well to my cost for all those years.

Diagnosis is by definition subjective. Those with the real power, the psychiatrists, sometimes get it wrong. They got it very wrong with me; wrong for 10 years. But I'm okay now. Sadly not too many people are as lucky as I am.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment