Friday 9 March 2018

Country Lanes on a Drizzly Afternoon.

The afternoon was dull and wet. It is Friday, my nothing mood continues and trying to summon up the energy and motivation to do anything remains a problem. It is the third day of nothing. But today that nothing had a small plan and nothing became something.

Sarah returned to work recently after being unwell. She is doing a phased return as I will when the time is right and a plan is in place. Finishing at 1 pm we met up and drove through the gloom down difficult country lanes to the wonderful Brocket Arms for lunch. A proper old country pub in the middle of the woods I occasionally visit for a beer and a sandwich. Today though we ate well. A beautiful venison pie accompanied by the ale brewed especially for them. And a warm fire. It is like going back in time.

A couple of pleasant hours away from it all in the good company with good food has to be a winner. It was pretty wet coming back and my aversion to country tracks heightened my anxiety but we found our way back and parted for home mid afternoon.

Another week is therefore done. The plan to meet my boss yesterday did not take place as she is still unwell. We hope to meet next week instead. So with that not complete with some reluctance I went back to the GP and requested another note. I feel bad and guilty but nothing can be worse than going back and having another setback.

No doubt people will continue to hassle me about it. I guess it is just something to say but given how much I fight myself at these times I do not need others to condemn me for my failures.

The visit to Kent next week has I think been brought forward. Possibly Thursday and come home Monday. There are no trains on Sunday so that would be a pain.

Have a good weekend everyone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment