Saturday 1 July 2023

No Sun at the Seaside.

I've escaped to the seaside! The trains were awful and weather terrible but I made it. Bitterly cold wind, leaden skies and some rain have not put me off though, great to be away.

I lunched on tapas in The Old High Street in Folkestone with Beka and Marie. Marinated anchovies, Padron peppers, meatballs in tomato sauce, garlic prawns, squid and the special of pan fried asparagus wrapped in serrano jamon. Sublime with a couple of beers. 

The sun did actually come out for a while. 

After I bought local honey and organic Dijon mustard. Saw some interesting prints in the Artists' Quarter. Need to buy some pictures for the flat.

Tomorrow I'm cooking rare roast rib of beef with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, carrots, savoy cabbage and tenderstem broccoli which I will serve with freshly grated horseradish cream, gravy and fine red wine. I'm hosting dad, Beka, Laura and Emma. 

Here until Monday. In a good place mentally, hurrah!

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment