Sunday 16 July 2023

A Grey July.

During what should be the height of summer with Wimbledon coming to an end it is unseasonably cold. Wet and windy at times too.

My friend Marie has been staying this weekend but the cold and rain have somewhat curtailed our adventures. 

Not the food though. Lunch at The Waggoners, a Khmer pork and pineapple curry were sustaining us yesterday and I'm just about to cook roast rack of lamb. 

Mozart plays and I've been reading. Going to Cambridge last weekend allowed me precious reading time on the train. 

It's been a busy summer of friends and travelling. Kent two weeks ago, Cambridge last week, Marie this week, Beth's wedding in two weeks. Emma will visit in mid August and I travel to the town of my birth to see Annabelle at the end of August. 

With that I'll leave you. Have fun.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment