Saturday 4 March 2023

Running Away.

It's a cold and grey Saturday afternoon. The day has not gone to plan. Originally I was going to take advantage of the trains actually running and go to China Town to meet Krishna. But waking late very tired and full of cold I couldn't face it.

Why do I run away from everything in my life? It all feels too frightening at the moment. I had been making strides with my CBT and was even brave enough to watch a band without feeling overwhelmed. They were brilliant and for the first time in my life I heard and enjoyed rap. Always hates it.

Today though I hit a wall. The stress of work continues to dog me at times but not today. 

That said I continue to do things piece by piece. I made it through the working week. I did food shopping, I made lunch and washed up. The washing is on. And the culinary adventures will resume. 

People often ask me when they learn of my passion for cooking what my signature dish is. If anything it is slow roast belly pork with fennel seeds and garlic. And that is on the menu tonight. 

Served with good bread, a fennel salad and a wine sauce. From Sam and Sam Clark's Moro Cookbook it is simply sublime. 

Tomorrow I have booked a table at The Waggoners for roast beef.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment