Monday 6 March 2023

Summoning the Dead.

Twice in my life I have been felled by flu, once by covid. The last brought of flu which started when I was at a funeral on New Year's Eve 1998.  I hallucinated night and day for a week and lost 3/4 stone in weight and one of my mum's friends told me afterwards she thought I was going to die.

The first couple of days of covid were similar but it eased once the fever broke although it took 11 days to clear the virus. That was a year ago. 

On Saturday I was felled by what seems to be the latest virus going round  I cancelled my plans. Getting progressively worse I stayed home in the evening and went to bed.

What a terrible night, wave after wave of terrifying dreams, fever, sweating and freezing. After 11 hours I staggered out of bed.

That I seemed to summon the dead in those dreams was most unnerving. Mum featured. Many of the casualties of mental health journey appeared. And final one a car crash with my friend Ross driving and another car going on the wrong side of the road. 

I cancelled today, I'm shattered and took paracetamol.  Need another dose shortly. There seems not much optimistic about today. 

I did need to get on my laptop to check my diary for the rest of the week and to change 2 passwords to read a document. Needless to say neither worked and I'm stuck. Why is the online world so filled with such barriers? It has left me not only feeling rough but now anxious as well. 

Maybe tomorrow will be better? Going nowhere the rest of today. The only good thing is my covid test was negative. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment