Wednesday 8 March 2023

Cold, Snowing and Defeated.

The snow has been coming down all day. I'm really cold. And still full of cold. Five days after waking exhausted and unwell not much has changed. The fever of Sunday night and Monday morning has gone. But I'm still gripped by fatigue, my throat is sore and up until today a strong headache. 

That was not the worst of it though. Yesterday my mood plummeted and the anxiety came in waves.

Funny how few have reached out to me. My friend Gary did on Sunday morning. I spoke to my friend Ella on Monday and Tuesday but that was when she was struggling. 

There was a message of note from my friend Katie. In the course of voice notes over the weekend she responded by noting the clear physical and mental decline in recent days.

I'm still at home although did get out for a couple of hours yesterday. Part of me thinks I should abandon the week and just sleep. But with that comes the guilt. 

It occurred to me yesterday that weeks of cold air and grey skies have taken a toll too. Please I want some sun and warmth. 

I will pull through though. Peter my former therapist has kindly offered a video call at 3 pm. He's a wise man and usually helps when we speak. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment