Tuesday 8 November 2022

A Worn Looking Hotel.

As I sit here and write for the first time in a while I'm in a hotel room in Reading. It's comfy enough but looking a little worn out. A once great Victorian house converted to a hotel like so many across the country. Canterbury is very similar. 

I'm here for a work seminar tomorrow. Been dreading travelling but I gave myself time  I didn't panic and I made it.

A much more significant event is marked today. It was exactly a year ago I left the College Lane Campus of the University of Hertfordshire for the final time. As I drove away the song "Road to Nowhere" came on the radio. An omen? Maybe but I've actually arrived somewhere. 

The journey has not been easy, work has been hard, I've lost people emotionally as friends and to death, I had covid and I've been through the stress of having to buy my flat.

On Friday we complete. I will be a home owner for the first time in my life.

Back to this evening I'm not sure if I will see the quasi legendary drinking talents of some of my colleagues.  But I will see my Selwyn friends Matt and Kay who are picking me up for dinner later.

I Heard a Voice  

No comments:

Post a Comment