Sunday 30 October 2022

Tired and Flat.

On a grey and wet October Sunday I'm tired, lethargic and flat in mood. Not what I expected of a weekend visit from my old friend Marie. 

In truth neither of us has been up to much. She is recovering from a heavy cold last weekend which she said hit her as hard as covid. Me feeling the effects of working too long without a break and the stresses of buying my flat.

Actually we're really near to completion. The postal strike has held up the paperwork but should be done this week. 

The other factor is Kelly's funeral on Tuesday. We're all still feeling battered and bruised by what happened and the atmosphere is subdued and sombre. Together we will get through it through. 

For now though I am listening to Don Giovanni and thinking nothing. We have a table booked at The Waggoners for 1.30 pm. Lovely roast beef. 

So on my tired and drained emotion I bid you all goodbye for today. See you soon. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment