Monday 19 September 2022

The Monarch.

I'm sat alone in my small flat. It's cold. And I'm emotional. Before me is the march of the cortege from the Cathedral to the Palace. And spectacle of colour on a difficult day. 

Later our Queen will be laid to rest alongside her husband at Windsor Castle. The streets are packed as we witness history. 

My thoughts are jumbled, I feel empty and I feel sad. We all pass one day but it is hard to fathom what is going on today. 

Although I never met her the Queen was the one enduring constant in my at times troubled life. A great Monarch. A great leader. And a great woman. 

Who would have thought back in 1952 when accession to the throne that a single woman in a political world dominated by men could do so well?

The coffin is approaching the Palace now. With that I will leave you. Farewell to you and goodbye to her Majesty.

I Heard a Voice  

No comments:

Post a Comment