Wednesday 14 September 2022

Progress Royal and Progress Slow.

As the extraordinary pageant of a Royal funeral and accession of King continues to unfold I'm still stunned. The King is on his progress as a medieval King might have done. He has visited all the countries of his realm in these Isles with dignity  humility and stamina. I have been impressed. 

The days tick by until Monday when we will say goodbye to our extraordinary late Monarch. Our country goes through the passing that we all knew was coming but none of us would know how it would proceed. 

The lives of the great and good are far removed from my little life. No work today as I have a new router being installed this afternoon. 

I won't worried but have stabilised since. I did food shopping, ordered my medication and dropped off a letter at the estate agent. Still not completed yet on the flat.

My shopping trip took a while. Lots of older people in Waitrose going slowly. That's what I remember of the last years of mum's life. Slowing down rapidly. 

The afternoon is wait and see. Lunch shortly, a fig and mojame salad with walnuts and a sherry vinegar dressing. I have sardines, prawns and veal steak to cook in the coming days. Even when I struggle I try to keep cooking. 

Having really laboured over last weekend about my many failings this week has been much better than expected. We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Take care.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment