Saturday 2 July 2022

No Longer Under Siege

Hello out there. Assuming anyone is out there? It is a mild but overcast Saturday afternoon in July. I'm home with the cricket on and will shortly get going on shin of beef in ale for my supper. 

I'm pretty tired after a really challenging couple of days and I didn't sleep well.

Yet I feel OK after a night of contemplation. Thursday brought out that old adrenaline of a crisis day. I had to take control when no one was answering the phone and I had to act.

It was exhausting but we did what we needed to do. In my contemplation that evening I realised that every day was like that at the university. Being under siege for 14 years took it's toll on me.

Now I know I can still do it but it is rare. I'm relieved about that.

The weekend will be quiet, I've shopped, I've washed and I've cleaned. Now to the kitchen. 

Have a great weekend. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment