Sunday 31 July 2022

Cloaked in Grey.

It is a grey and humid day here. The clouds have enveloped us and maybe there will be rain. The summer has been very dry here and high temperatures have parched the grass. Talk is in the air about a hosepipe ban. That won't affect me but will many.

The country has suddenly woken up to the brilliance of women's football and at 5 pm the country will be roaring on the Lionesses at Wembley. It has taken so long for well deserved respect for women's sport.

Over the last few years at the university I worked with half a dozen top class athletes both women and men. For all their brilliance they all struggled to cope with the pressure. One potential Olympian said there is only one way to go after winning a gold medal. 

When I was younger sport was my escape from music. I was infinitely more talented in the latter rather than the former. But it served its purpose. 

Back in small world I inhabit I had a much better week. The anxiety is at bay although the shakiness was in evidence today. 

As is my wont on a Sunday morning I'm listening to Verdi's Rigoletto and reading. Lunch will be soon, a halloumi and grape salad with lemon juice and oregano. Then tonight roast turkey. 

Three weeks remain before my summer holiday. Planned rail strikes will disrupt me somewhat but I will make it to Kent to see my dad and walk along the beach. 

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. 

I Heard a Voice. 

1 comment:

  1. Music means more to me than anything else. If it was not so demanding I would have aspired to be a professional organist. But it IS demanding and then recently I've been having an uphill battle with recovering from COVID (poor balance, even worse than usual and extreme brain fog). So at this point I can't be a professional anything. So I just do volunteer proofreading at a local publishing company. But the point is that I loooooooooooooove music. I'm glad you have lots of music in your life.

    ReplyDelete