Tuesday 28 December 2021

Driving Home From Christmas.

Greetings one and all! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas? We did. Miriam and I triumphed in the kitchen, no one spilt or dropped anything, we had lovely presents and generally had a good time. 

My drive home yesterday was not good at all. Rain, spray and tail backs meant it was long and tiring so relieved to get home in just under three hours. 

Today the rain continues. I did venture forth to the Waterstones sale and bought two lovely cookbooks. Half price on all hardbacks was a nice surprise. 

Good though I feel the anxious dreams keep coming. I don't have to work until Thursday but the fear continues. 

That aside things are going well. Tomorrow I hope to meet my friends Peter and Kym. Not seen them since last summer. 

It would be nice to go to a country pub but don't fancy going out again in the rain. So just some reading I think.

I Heard a Voice. 

2 comments:

  1. I missed the Christmas Eve services at All Saints Episcopal Church in RVA. What a shame. Special transportation was not running past noon on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, and I don't drive. So I missed the services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I had a lonely Christmas. Mum's facility is on lockdown again so I didn't visit her, and my BFF had the flu, so I didn't spend time with her either. What a heartbreaking Christmas. I did listen to the Festival Of Nine Lessons and Carols on public radio, but that was the only bright spot in my Christmas. Loneliness is devastating. I'm glad you had company, because I know from reading your blog that you have hard times, and company makes you feel better.

    I don't hear voices but I surely HAVE voices: crying voices, IRL, that say "I need company". I should start a blog called"I Have A Voice, Please Listen To Me"

    Thank *you* for listening. I'm glad you had company. Happy Boxing Day.

    Claire Dixon, American Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,

    Thanks for your recent comments. I hope you had a good birthday?

    Glad you enjoyed the King's broadcast. I didn't catch the radio one but I did catch some of the pre recorded TV broadcast.

    Sounds tough going in the US with the shutdowns. There are really high rates here but so far I have been lucky. Have to test twice a week for my new job.

    I feared they'd shut us down for Christmas but luckily I managed to spend it with my small family.

    As for voices mine came back 20 odd years ago when I publicly spoke about my mental health battles. Gave me a great sense of strength.

    Why not write a blog? It can be very hit and miss with readers but I feel good writing what I do whether it reaches one person or a hundred.

    ReplyDelete