Friday 24 December 2021

Leaden Skies, Calm Sea and Chorizo Stew.

Welcome to Christmas 2021. What has happened in the last two years? To be honest the world we knew has been blown away by fate, circumstance, God or whatever we individually choose to believe. 

At the start of this pandemic I posted about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse that had not yet arrived. I'm still waiting. 

On the cusp of Christmas my world has changed beyond recognition. Jabbed thrice over, masked in public and obsessional cleaning the world we once knew has gone. As has my old toxic job.

I am so relieved to have escaped what had become a moribund, thankless and angry life to something new.

Some of the past remains though. After a hiatus of one Christmas once again I'm in Kent with dad, Miriam and Nigel. Everyone is ready. I walked along the beach this afternoon under leaden skies. I did the hated wrapping. And now I'm cooking chorizo and chickpea stew. 

Tomorrow will be awesome. Maybe I'll post then. But if I don't may I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New year. 


Take care.

I Heard a Voice. 

2 comments:

  1. Send me some chorizo through my phone screen. I love chorizo.

    Today's my, uh, birthday but some places in the southeast USA are on lockdown even though we at Maple Woods independent living have been thrive jabbed. I'm glad I have my favorite books and my phone. I have cyber-traveled to King's College Chapel umpteen zillion times. It's my favorite international landmark. Someday I will fly to England if I can get the world's best earplugs (because I don't like PopRocks, much less when they're in my ears.)
    I've been an Anglophile since 1994-95, ever since I heard the tune FOREST GREEN. It's the best melody ever composed! Forest Green beats St. Louis and Wengen to a frazzle; it should be the ONLY tune for O Little Town Of Bethlehem.
    I hope I get a birthday card from a friend of mine who is also an American Anglophile.
    Have a smashing, jolly good day, and happy Christmas. Give my regards to Cambridge.
    Sincerely,
    Claire Dixon (aka Miss Claire, not Ms Dixon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: THRICE jabbed. Me and my butterfingers!

    Miss Claire

    ReplyDelete