Sunday 7 February 2021

Flecked With Snow.

Winter is definitely upon us this Sunday. Bitter cold, an icy wind and I came back from my walk flecked with snow. It was only a brief walk and I stopped off to say hello to my friend Jo from the end of her garden. With pestilence still stalking the land it feels far more frightening now than it did in the spring. I think Jo is just the sixth person I've seen since the holidays.

Despite the cold I'm not down hearted. I have The Marriage of Figaro playing, shoulder of pork in the oven and am getting ready for the Super Bowl tonight. You may all recall my normal routine on Super Bowl weekend is to visit Miriam and Nigel. But this year it is not to be. I'm just praying that Tom Brady doesn't win yet again.

Funny to think that three years ago on Monday I got the fateful text from my then landlord that I had to move. Along with dad being so ill at the time, those were truly dark days for me. However, now I'm in a much nicer flat, I get looked after by the agent, I have a consultant psychiatrist and a therapist. So over all I'm doing much better than then.

What the rest of February looks like is anyone's guess. I'm hoping to have had my first vaccine by spring. That is if the university doesn't push for it earlier. With each passing week I know more and more people who have had it. Many things have gone wrong in my country since the first lock down but it seems the vaccination programme is a huge success.

In the meantime I continue on in my cautious way. No friends, no pubs, no dinners, no restaurants. I miss all of that. One day though I will return to those fun times. Just not yet.

Take care out there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment