Sunday 14 February 2021

Taking the Punches.

Sometimes the blows come from an unexpected place. On the Sunday after an at times difficult week I'm no longer reeling but I am anxious for the morrow.

My world can be pretty brutal on both sides of the fence. That I was so angry in my 20s and made life a misery for those trying to treat me is a source of regret and shame now. I would not have wanted to treat me back then.

Since then I have tried to bridge the gap between them and us. We can all feel pretty battered and bruised. The hardest part though is when the blows come from such an unexpected source. I always think I can work my students out pretty quickly but apparently on Thursday I was wrong. Time will tell the fall out but it didn't make me feel very good about myself or secure.

In fact much of the week was a challenge. Waking after troubled post Super Bowl broken sleep the long feared mental wall crashed into me. I'm proud how well I have done given that I'm effectively be shut off by the world for more than two months. It couldn't last forever though. Monday was brutal but I got through. On Tuesday I worked and then moved through the bruising week.

Come the weekend though I'm doing pretty well. It's still cold and bitter winds sweep across my world. It didn't stop me going for a walk in the woods yesterday. Finally invested in some Wellington boots to make it into the woods in winter.

I celebrated Chinese New Year on Friday with some rather good stir fried beef with broccoli in oyster sauce. Then I turned my skills to the waning game season. The pan fried medallions of venison were sublime in their port and blackberry sauce. This weekend I have really triumphed in the kitchen. Just got to nail the roast leg of lamb tonight now.

Whatever tomorrow brings you or me please take care. We will get there once day.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment