Sunday 28 February 2021

Sunlit Walk in the Woods.

Hail and salutations on this beautiful day. It is still February so not as warm as it looks but it has been glorious. You find me on this Sunday afternoon listening to Puccini and just being. In truth it has a been a tumultuous couple of weeks since I was on here but today I feel good.

This was not the case to start the weekend. Going 24 hours without nicotine unexpectedly was brutal. It once again proved my distrust on things on line when my vape broke and the back up simply did not work. I can ask in a shop, I can't on line. Add in the stress of going to an unknown place for my vaccination then finding I had made an error in the booking and being turned away is it any wonder I was climbing the walls? Further added to that was a very intense work fortnight, mood teetering and touching mania and an utter inability to get out of bed it has been a difficult time.

Sitting here today though that all seems behind me. Well at least until I switch on my laptop in the morning. Taking advantage earlier on of the sunshine and less wet conditions I had a marvellous walk in the woods. The first time I have done the route Sarah showed me since the autumn. It was wonderful.

The day will continue in a sublime way with roast breast of turkey seasoned with thyme and sage then wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, carrots, runner beans and purple sprouting broccoli and a bottle of Chardonnay. Perhaps a third opera of the day and hopefully a video call to dad.

With all that going on it seemed only sensible to heed the urging of my colleagues and take some time off. So the week of dad's birthday I will sleep late, be cultured and generally recuperate. Spring is here and we now seem to have some light at the end of the dark tunnel I have been in since effectively being locked down in November. I will get my first jab next week. I will enjoy the lighter days. I will continue to be civilised. And before too long I will see my friends once again.

Take care out there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment