Sunday 3 January 2021

Starting Again.

On a cold and overcast Sunday afternoon I come to talk to you all once again. I say all but not many are reading. My last post was somewhat gloomy but given the last year it was hard for it to be anything else.

Now I begin 2021 with a first post. Starting again another year doesn't seem possible. Last year flew by. That of course happens when we get older. As is my wont on a Sunday opera has dominated the day. Mozart first and now Puccini. Will this be the year I can return to watch live opera with Jayne, Miriam and Nigel? I do hope so.

A fine backdrop to the last Sunday before going back to work but in truth I've not been feeling great much of the day. Stomach upset is not welcome at any time but at a weekend it is especially horrible. I feel better than I did but it will limit me today.

I have to eat though even if I'm not great. A fig and Iberico jamon salad with almonds and a honey and balsamic dressing was a pretty good lunch. And tonight there is roast pheasant. Doubt I will eat much as my appetite is somewhat curtailed.

All good there but my mind is turning to work once again. An hour or so before bed my mind kicked into work mode. To all the loose ends. To the difficult tasks ahead. And to the unknown. Being away for two weeks leads inevitably to a mountain of e mails. As soon as I switch on in the morning my stress levels will rise. I will start to think and overthink. And I will start the countdown to the weekend.

Work plays a huge part in most people's lives. But it is not always easy. I must stick my adage of a day at a time and a task at a time.

I miss going out to eat. I miss a pint on a Sunday afternoon. I miss my friends. One day these people and things will come back into my life. The question is how long? The figures on infections and deaths keep going up. All I have ever been able to do is follow the guidance. And that I will do however crazy things seem.

Stay safe out there and I'll be back soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment