Sunday 17 January 2021

Ever More Perceptible.

The sun is trying very hard on a cold day to put in an appearance. Slowly but surely the days are getting lighter. Ever more perceptible my walks are lighter. Today I did my medium 20 minute walk. Had a brief chat with Gary and Ali on their balcony when I went by.

You find me a week on from my challenged post. It was a better week although as ever there were things I missed that I meant to do. I'm no longer going to campus on a Thursday. That's a relief to be honest. I am much more fearful of catching the virus than I was in March. No longer risking walking with others. So my lonely sojourn goes on.

Whilst many of my friends are in support bubbles I am alone. My friends keep commenting on how resilient I have been in these dark days. It is hard but what choice do I have? I'm not confining myself to bed. Yesterday I didn't want to get out of bed and had zero motivation. Yet heeding my own advice that doing something is better than doing nothing I got up and I did. And I did quite a lot. Pleased with that.

Away from my little world the wider planet looks on at events in the USA. I could not believe the carnage of a couple of weeks ago. I have valued democracy highly as I have right to vote. For many there is no right so to do. I wish my friends over the sea to have a safe and constructive and reconciliatory transfer of power.

As the late fades on this Sunday I'm listening to Purcell opera and loving the aromas of garlic, thyme and rosemary from my slowly roasting lamb. Another evening of NFL playoff games awaits. Sad to see the Rams lose last night but so be it. Another year beckons and another chance presents itself.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment