Sunday 23 August 2020

The Gulls, the Sun and the Cloud.

A rare Sunday morning venture on to here. The sea beckons this afternoon. For now I listen to the gulls, admire the sporadic sunshine and curse the low cloud coming into play. I have finally arrived at my holiday.

You may wonder where I have been. Normally I write most weekends. But not for two weeks. In truth I have had a lot on my mind, been finding life tough going and not at all happy. Maybe things are in motion that will spiral out of control. My little world seems shaky at this point. Escaping to the seaside has not stopped my mind wandering back to things I'm rather not think about.

Trying to find peace down here is proving elusive. It is certainly great to see dad again. And I've seen a few friends. A week today I will turn 51, maturing more? Or becoming more troubled and petulant? Time will tell I fear.

For now though I must take each day as it comes, enjoy seeing my friends, travel safely on Tuesday and hang on to not having to do and live up to the expectations of others.

Must go now as I'm cooking roast beef for our lunch. All prepared, just need to switch the oven on and get the potatoes in.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment