Wednesday 12 August 2020

Storm Breaks, Thunder in Your Ears.

After days of 33 degrees and intense humidity the storm we all wanted finally broke this afternoon. For a good two hours the thunder rumbled and the lightning flashed and the rain came down. Finally relief from sweating, intense discomfort. My friend Francois is South African and despite working for years in Botswana where temperatures regularly break 40 degrees even he was struggling in this. It's the humidity that kills us.

A few hours later having eaten ribs and chicken satay once again the heat is on the rise and the air is oppressive. Opera night is underway with Handel. The balcony door is open and I'm away from the chaos of the days. My reality at present is better than it has been. No sign of low mood or anxiety for ten days or so. Long may it continue.

The reality of winning that award is fading into the distance but I'm still proving helpful to my young and troubled charges. The pace has slowed certainly but there is still a lot to do before September comes. I have fears for then but I'm holding my own.

The value of team work has been to the fore this week. Something that has been sorely lacking at times. Seeking one's own betterment seldom makes for good working environments. We are I'm pleased to say getting better at that.

Not long to go until my holiday. It has been confirmed that I will travel to the seaside on Saturday week. Can't wait to see dad and walk along the beach. Who knows if the sun will shine but no matter. I will be back on familiar territory.

See you all next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment