Saturday 4 July 2020

First in the Door...of Course!

Hurrah!!!!! That day has arrived! Not for my friends on the other side of the Atlantic although I do wish you all a very happy independence day. No for us. After 15 weeks pubs and restaurants are finally open! And guess who was first in The Hedgehog? Me of course. So marvellous to be able to go out again. I only had two pints but it was worth it.

Later I will walk into town to see Yan and Lin at The Fu Hao, order salt and pepper ribs and crispy duck. On the first day I moved here I visited there and now after all this time I'm allowed back.

In the main I'm good. Been unsettled by a flat tyre on my car and a problem with my smoke alarm in the flat. The anxiety was intense at times but feel fairly relaxed now. There isn't much to watch at the moment so have some dull football match on. Glorious though this day may be I did not fancy sitting in the pub until I couldn't stand so for now I'm in my flat.

Beka rang earlier which was nice. I have few calls to make myself this afternoon, never really stop working.

I will return to my kitchen tomorrow. Roast chicken and a glass or two of Muscadet, some new potatoes, asparagus, carrots and purple sprouting broccoli. Sunday lunch is almost as glorious an institution as a pub.

Please enjoy this weekend as much as I will. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment