Saturday 27 June 2020

Inky Skies and Fading Light

The last vestiges of daylight have just disappeared into an inky western sky. On a day when the fierce heat and humidity diminished on an altogether cooler and wetter day I was relieved by the break. Another working week is done and almost un-noticed the shortening of the days has begun.

My week was quieter, more stable and I guess better. I am on the plus side of the scale with occasional hints of the soaring faux brilliance that was in evidence last Friday. Where my mood will go I do not know but I'm no longer in trouble. This Tuesday I will speak to my psychiatrist. And on Wednesday my therapist.

In the wider world the lockdown is easing. I went to a BBQ on Thursday and had a wonderful time. Tomorrow I will entertain for the first time since this all happened. Sarah will join me for rare roast topside of beef, roast potatoes, carrots, purple sprouting broccoli, Savoy cabbage and green beans. I will partake of freshly grated horseradish cream and she will decline. The thorny issue of Yorkshire puddings will be decided in the morning depending on a) what time I wake up, and b) if I'm hungover. Fingers crossed.

My holidays are now booked. I'm not going away of course but will visit Kent at the end of August to see dad and my friends. Two weeks time I'm also off and my old friend Marie will visit from Kent. And by next weekend the pubs will be open...hurrah!!!!!!!

So until then we wait, eat, drink, listen to opera, read, and try to be cultured. Now I return to Cosi fan Tutti and bid you all good night and happy Sunday. Sleep well.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment: