Sunday 21 June 2020

Deep Ravines and Jagged Peaks

From the depths of despair to sublime brilliance. Low to high. Hell to heaven. The peaks and troughs of a mood disorder were given their full range this week. When I last spoke to you I was deep in the mire. A ravine so deep it felt as if I would never climb out. I did all the things I shouldn't have done on Tuesday, read, listened, looked and got immerse in what at the time seemed the darkest pit of a life. Breakdowns are like that. But I reached out in a way that I never could back then and they came in their droves. My friends came through for me.

Expecting a slow recovery what happened next was completely surprising. I went on a wild upswing in mood and found myself of Friday evening wanting to yell out about my greatness, to phone people on the other side of the world and wake them up, party like no tomorrow and to just be on top of the world.

I have managed to calm down and hopefully didn't offend anyone. Now on Sunday afternoon I feel okay but no soaring mood which is what I want.

Contented in the purgatory of the present I'm turning to opera and my kitchen once again. I did go for a little adventure in the woods via Sarah's house. Saw several people in a sign that after all these weeks the shackles are off. Took some food over to Bronwen in the pub yesterday and was rewarded with a pint in the garden. That certainly felt good. Back to today and Offenbach's La Belle Helene plays, the belly pork is prepared and ready for the oven. Perhaps it is time for a glass of wine.

The coming week will be, hopefully it will go well. Last week certainly did despite the terrifying mental journey I was on. Tomorrow will come tomorrow and I'm okay with that.

Take care everyone and have good week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment