Saturday 15 February 2020

The Storm is Coming...Again.

The wind is beginning to stir. The rain has started. The heating is on. The door is shut. Another great storm is coming. After last Sunday we're expecting this one to last three days. I'm not overly concerned although I won't be venturing far.

My old friend Marie is visiting this weekend. I advised her to prepare to stay a little longer than planned as no doubt the trains will be disrupted. Indoors it will be an afternoon of music, cooking and just taking it easy. Let the storm rage outside.

The week was okay and there is plenty of evidence that my mood is soaring a little higher than it should. Today I feel a little calmer but yesterday the mind was racing, I was having to keep a lid on it for fear I would do or say something rash. That has happened before. It was actually my former boss who noticed first. Warnings can come from many sources and it is gratefully but ungratefully received. The latter as I don't want to spoil the fun. The former as I know how badly wrong things can go when I'm flying.

Keeping busy in the kitchen should focus me. We had a delightful salad of courgette, orange and feta with dill and date molasses dressing for lunch. My now famous beef rendang for supper. And tomorrow a glorious roast duck.

Let us hope that the storm in my head abates and storm outside passes without too much incident. Monday will come soon enough but I am ready. The anxiety is keeping my mood at bay but is also not overwhelming me. That I suppose is more natural than increasing my Risperidone as I feared I might have to do.

Take care out there and see you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment