Sunday 9 February 2020

Sitting Out The Storm.

A great storm is raging outside on this February day. Reputedly the worst for seven years the whole country is being engulfed by a force of nature. Although I think we are getting off quite lightly here I'm certainly not venturing out for a walk, or driving to a country pub, or indeed doing much at all. I'm in my warm flat listening to Haydn and enjoying the weekend after a tumultuous Friday.

I learned on Friday how dangerous the internet can be. In the nearly ten years I've been writing this blog I've had no nastiness. Yes a couple of idiots latching on to references to steroids and cocaine trying to sell their products but they were easily removed.

Others though are in the shit of the full blown nastiness that comes with unwise postings. What I go back to tomorrow could be unpleasant, viral and hostile. As the world faces this terrible pandemic that is coming from a city in China we do not need people abusing, belittling and attacking the poor people caught up in it all. Why does so much of the human race mock those caught in dark times? Suffice it to say I'm not looking forward to opening my work e mail tomorrow.

The rest of Sunday is still to be enjoyed though. I made a very simple Thai green papaya salad for my lunch. Hot as Hades it was wonderful. Forgot to add the dried shrimps but very palatable all the same. Tonight rare roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, carrots, hispi cabbage and broccoli await along with fresh horseradish. Yes they are finally stocking in Waitrose once again.

Now I'm back to reading, Haydn, a pint of iced water and the knowledge that whatever I have to deal with there is always fine food, fine wine, fine music and fine friends. Until next time take care out there on this inclement day.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment