Saturday 22 February 2020

And Still it Goes On.

The blustery wind that has hit our shores for the last two weeks continues but the biting cold has gone. So too the squally, icy, driving rain. An altogether more manageable day. Out of the wind in town today it was pleasantly warm. Having visited Gareth for my meat supplies this morning I took a gentle wander in town. I restrained my spending as I try to keep up the much needed austerity measures. Thursday's cash point check will see how much I have achieved. I've managed to stay out of too many restaurants this month, cut down a little on fine wine and have only bought one book in a sale. Despite the temptation I resisted the lure of adding to my boot and coat collection. Last time Jo came round she suggested I had a boot and coat fetish.

This week has mainly been good. No one pissed me off, work went well and generally I was not besieged by insomnia inducing anger and switch off problems. The next couple of weeks are likely to be tense and fraught as we will only have two of us doing the work of probably ten. Down from our under resourced company of four we will see how it goes.

My indulgence in the kitchen has been driving by somewhat elevated mood. It has been like that for ten days or so. Running a little too high last weekend things have slowed a little. Something to talk about with my consultant when I see him the week after next.

Tonight the kitchen will witness a Vietnamese beef stew with star anise, basil and lemongrass. Tomorrow Sarah will join me for roast belly pork. Bought some artisan apple sauce to go with it.

The afternoon before I get going features Beethoven's cello sonatas and some reading. I'm almost there on the Anais Nin which I've been dipping into for months. I think The Honorary Consul will be my next reading escapade. In a month or so I will be back by the seaside as I visit dad for his birthday. A week off sounds like a good idea.

Do enjoy your weekend and stay well out there. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment