Saturday 29 June 2019

By the Water's Edge.

On a blazingly hot day I found a little peace and shade by the canal. Yes I've escaped to Kent. Looks like I chose the right weekend to venture to the coast. Glorious but energy sapping. I haven't made it to the beach yet but I'm hoping to venture down there tomorrow to have an ice cream with my lovely friend Beth.

The weekend looks set to be a time of reunion. Last night I saw Ali who is over from Pakistan. We will meet again today for a late lunch with other friends. Tomorrow afternoon Beth then tomorrow evening my great friend and former landlord Tom.

Booking a couple of days off was I think the right thing to do. I struggled post Glyndebourne and for a week or so floundered. Better last week but it feels like a break is needed. Dad on good form as ever. He's off for a swim in a bit.

I'm cooking a late lunch of roast lamb tomorrow for dad and Beka's mum Anne. Shame Beka isn't around but I did see her a couple of weeks ago.One day I might call all change and come back to the seaside for good. What I would do for work I do not know. That said we never quite know what opportunities might pop up at some stage. Just been waiting a long time.

By the time I get to retirement I suspect the state age will have gone up to around 70. Can I really keep doing what I do for the next twenty years? I have my doubts. At the moment though there are no alternatives on the horizon.

Time to head out into the sunshine. A late Carribean lunch awaits. I'm not a great fan but I hope to be surprised. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment