Saturday 1 June 2019

Follow the Locals.

When it comes to eating food from other countries it is always wise to follow the desires and tastes of locals from that country. That usually denotes good food. No I'm not abroad but having been paid yesterday and taking a sizeable chunk off my overdraft I have been spending. And so on my rounds at lunchtime yesterday I went into a Chinese restaurant for a quick bite. It has been a Chinese restaurant for a long time and served cheap but mediocre food. But it has changed hands. And much to my delight it was full of Chinese people. The food was excellent in the cooking, the taste and the cost. Coupled with friendly service it was a good plan. Must go there again.

After coming home with a restocked cupboard and fridge I awoke to a glorious day. Slept okay, the sun is up, it's warm and fabulous. Flaming June does not always live up to its title but today is a good start.

More spending ensued today but all under control. A visit to the Farm Shop at Smallford yielded free range eggs, Italian rocket, fennel, grilled artichokes and some lovely English asparagus. So the foody weekend continues. Roast chicken thighs, Jersey Royal potatoes and aforementioned asparagus lie ahead of me. And that after a crab salad with apple, celery, mayonnaise and mint for lunch. The bed is changed, the washing is sorted, the washing up is done and I'm listening to Rodrigo with a glass of wine. Surely this is what weekends are made for.

As you can probably tells my mood is upbeat. Not manic, just okay. After a week marred by heavy cold and earache that forced me to stay home a couple of days I will settle for that. I think the mood diary is at a fair +2.

Sarah has invited me for roast lamb tomorrow. I won't see her for a while after that as she flies to Mexico on Tuesday. Dad and Miriam have been away this week so missing them. So too will I miss Sarah.

Do enjoy this glorious coming of summer. If your team is in the Champions' League Final tonight, good luck. Being a Tottenham heartland here the pub will be full to the brim and a lot of money will be spent. As for me I will stay home until later. Perhaps watch the game, depends on how the mood takes me. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment