Monday 18 February 2019

Into the Setting Sun.

Driving home today I left the campus just as the rain clouds were clearing into the setting sun. A brilliant orange orb low in the sky it heralded the end of a difficult day.

Difficult partly because I'm playing catch up after missing a few days last week. Difficult as my colleague is unwell. Difficult because supply can't keep up with demand. But most difficult is the anger I have witnessed in the last couple of weeks. We are human. We get things wrong. We try to do the best we can. But we don't always succeed.

The weekend had been difficult after a brutal Friday. I did make it to London. The meal in China Town was pretty poor. I bought some opera. And I marvelled at how it has changed there since that four months I spent in hospital there in 1994. The run down seediness of Soho is not quite so evident. The restaurants I ate in are all gone. Prices have rocketed. Swarms of people litter the pavements all bustling to get where they want to be now. And in the middle, little me, reminiscing as I so often do and wonder what might have been.

It was good to be back home today. I'm not slipping back into the maelstrom that was this time last year. I'm taking it a step at a time and managing each day to make a start on something.

Sausage and mash was my simple supper. I've cleared up. I have Classic FM on and wondering what to do now.  A little Beethoven might do the trick and another chapter in Howards End. Here's to brighter, less rainy days with light covering our steps and progress without anger be achieved. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment