Wednesday 5 September 2018

The Land is Green and Lush Once More.

A mere few weeks ago the earth was parched, the grass looked dead, the stifling humidity sapped our energy and the skies were clear. Taking a drive into the country yesterday afternoon our green and pleasant land has returned. The fields are green and lush, the air is more manageable and the skies flecked with cloud.

Today was clear and pleasantly warm. I took the bus to St Albans for a wander. My friend Jazz had recommended I try Bar Meze for some Greek food. With the help of my phone I found it easily. Greeted by an affable smiling figure who might like Adonis have stepped out of a Greek legend I spent a delightful hour or so eating grilled sardines and lounza ham. A couple of chilled beers and it provided me with the perfect start to a holiday afternoon.

The centre of the city was littered with young men and women dressed in gowns and mortar boards ready for graduation. Three years ago I was amongst them. I recall that day in a mixed way. I was terrified something would go wrong. On a deeper level it was around that time that my anxiety became more severe and all encompassing. My job was changing and with hardly any training I was expected to do another role as well as my own. As I feared it proved to be a disaster and even now that change hammers my fear and self belief.

I'm trying very hard to stop worrying about next week. The last couple of days have been relatively relaxed but my sleep was poor last night. What will be will be.

The rest of my week off is getting a little busy. Food features a lot. Tomorrow I will see Yang at The Fu Hao. Friday takes me to London initially to see Krishna and then my school friend Tory. Then Cambridge.

Lots to look forward to but for now I listen to Cosi fan Tutte, I read and I sip Chianti. Not a bad way to spend an evening. Not sure when I will next come to talk to you. Until then have fun and stay safe.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment