Sunday 23 September 2018

A Gentle Sunday.

The heavy rain of this morning has dissipated. The sun is out. Although it is not very warm it has turned out a much better day than I feared.

I hosted lunch today for friends. Roast gammon, roast potatoes, vegetables and a touch of mustard. They brought a nice bottle of South African Cabernet Sauvignon. Not something I would buy normally but it was beautiful.

Much to my surprise a week on from my optimistic last post I remain in a good place. There was a significant wobble on Wednesday, getting given seven different answers when seeking advice on a role for which I've been given virtually no training was not at all helpful. But we resolved the issue and the serenity of recent anxiety free days was restored.

I sometimes wonder whether it is possible to be anxious about getting anxious? I guess a lot of it is like that. That this state of serenity will be threatened in the coming weeks is a given but I must make hay while I can. The feared mania has not materialised. I don't think I've pissed anyone off yet. And I think I gave some sound advice to those who have sought it.

Following an afternoon of Mozart and Beethoven, tonight my thoughts turn once again to the NFL. I get to see my Rams team play twice this week, against the Chargers tonight and the Vikings on Thursday. The NFL can bring some sort of equilibrium to my troubled mind as mainly I cast aside worry when watching. And when the season is on with five games televised each week it is easy to immerse myself there. When it stops in February the darkness and cold can get to me. Most years I re-emerge in the spring. Of course I couldn't have predicted what happened this past year though.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday and for those who go back to work on Monday have a good week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment