Saturday 25 February 2012

On The Trail of Something New.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned Time to Change on here before. It is national programme aimed at reducing stigma and discrimination in mental health. It initially ran from 2008 to 2011 and then had its funding renewed last autumn. I volunteered for them on World Mental Health Day in 2010. I'm have also been on their mailing list since since the start.

Last week I received an update saying that they were looking for a Lived Experience Advisor to be on their board. Somewhat interested I thought I would give it a go. So on Thursday night I e mailed in my application for the post. I think I have little chance to even get an interview but I guess if I don't try I have no chance. My doubts stem merely from not being well known enough or in with mental health mafia. But we shall.

It have been fairly uneventful in my life this week although my colleagues had a lot of complicated stuff to do. I slept late today then went into town for passport photos-yes it is time to renew again. I then did some boring domestic stuff before watching the rugby-England were so close but lost it in the dying minutes.

Firmly ensconced in my warm flat I am now braising belly pork with five spice and eggs-I'm told it is classic Thai street food. I have done it many times before and on the whole has been very good.

Tomorrow I'm off to Cambridge to watch the Cambridge University Pythons play the UEA Pirates-a fierce and old rivalry. Let's hope we have better luck than England!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment