Sunday 19 February 2012

Sun, Mozart, and Pork.

Greetings on a pleasantly sunny Hertfordshire afternoon. Yes after a few days of gloom and occasional rain the sun has finally come out for a glorious if slightly chilly February Sunday afternoon.

It has been a week of work, visitors, and cooking. Yes I have been at my finest in the kitchen this week-a sure sign that I am now recovered from my ailments of the previous weeks. It's funny but when I'm not well I stop cooking. This is particularly true when I am in low mood. My mood is now exactly where I want it, hovering around the +2 point on my scale.

So what of the great cooking fest that has been this week? Well the Hunan beef I was about to cook when I was last on here was great triumph, one of the great Chinese dishes I have ever done. Those who know me will know I have been cooking and failing to perfect Chinese food for more than 20 years. That was followed on Sunday by slow roast Lamb with rosemary and thyme. Again it was excellent along with the rioja.

The remaining lamb was in turn made into Shepherd's pie-the delights of thrift. But it was on Wednesday that I surpassed myself and created something magnificent. My Malaysian friend Joey came over and not only brought good rioja but fresh scallops as well. I was a scallop virgin in the kitchen but the results with pan seared scallops with a butter and parsley sauce surpassed my imagination. The rare beef was pretty good too.

Not to be outdone I had another visitor this weekend from Kent. We proceeded to gorge ourselves on beef rendang and roast pork today.

God knows how much weight I have put on. But life is good. And so to a quiet Sunday afternoon of Mozart, blogging, and relaxation.

Back to the mayhem tomorrow and must start thinking about writing the next chapter of "Charon's Ferry". Enjoy the weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment