Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Triumphant Night Followed by a Scary Storm

Greetings,

I seem to have been away from here for ages. Had my highest monthly numbers of viewers ever in October but seems to have quiet again in blogland now. I guess that is the way it goes.

Anyway, what of my life? Well last week we had a most triumphant night with the Kent launch of "A Pillar of Impotence" and my friend Beka's "Stories" exhibition. What an amazing night, so many people came we couldn't fit them all in the room. I had to speak twice and was apparently very good. I can't even remember what I said-the plan went straight out of my head when I got up there. I am hugely endebted to Beka for creating the links with Folkestone Literary Festival.

Sadly all good things come to an end. The following day I discovered my sales figures were very poor. I didn't expect much but it was somewhat disappointing. Unless I misread the e mail-entirely possible-the publisher seems to have completely discounted sales on websites other than their own. Need to chase that as I know it sold out on www.amazon.co.uk 3 times.

Back now in the madness that passes for my work life. I have been very busy but all straight forward until now. Then was engulfed by an unexpected storm on Monday. Things were very touch and go yesterday but we seem to have stabilised the situation now. It's on days like that that if they trebled my salary they still wouldn't be paying me enough. But those are the days I live for-crisis management has been my forte for years.

Tired after all that so now relaxing with the TV and about to open a beer. Have prepared sticky citrus marinaded pork chop in the fridge for tomorrow-it smells divine!

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment