Saturday 26 November 2011

A Domestic God.

For any of you who know me I am, how should I put it, domestically challenged. Yes I work my way around the kitchen with enthusiasm and a little skill. But when it comes to everything else domestic I'm a disaster. My flat is chaos, my desk is chaos and my office is chaos. But at least I know things are there somewhere.

When it comes to cleaning and tidying up I do a little bit at a time with the occasional blitz. I had no plans for a blitz today until I got a text from my friend Beka on Friday saying she will be visiting on Sunday. So I was spurred into action.

Much to my surprise I did the recycling, the rubbish, the hoovering, washed the floors and cleaned the bathroom. I'm amazed! Even more amazing though is I managed to write another chapter in the book as well!

So now it is me time. I have West Ham playing on the TV-they just equalised,- a Vietnamese beef stew on the go-it smells amazing-and I'm doing some blogging. Quite why I'm doing this I'm not sure. October was my highest number of visitors to this site. November has been one of the worst-perhaps everyone is on holiday. Or maybe they are bored of my ramblings. Who knows?

Stew will be ready at 7 pm. Think I might open a beer to go with it. Then look forward to seeing Beka and eating rare roast beef at the Waggoners tomorrow. Talking of Beka she designed the cover of my book. If anyone ever wants a portrait done she is the woman to do it. Check her out on http://www.bekasmith.com/ .

Take care.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment