Monday 28 February 2011

Back to Cooking.

Hello from a wet and cold Hertfordshire. Maybe winter is coming back-I do hope not!

Well, another week starts. Back to full strength now and that does of course mean cooking once again. Have a rib of beef in the oven and some fine rioja-heaven. Of course normally being terribly British I would do this on a Sunday but I went for a curry with my parents yesterday so felt I had to make up for it today.

Actually I feel quite good for the beginning of the week. Lots to do but so far so good. Didn't realise that this week is Eating Disorder Awareness Week. That was something that was new to me when I took up my job 3 1/2 years ago. But I've certainly learned since, particularly this year.

If you are reading this it might seem ironic that I open my post with food then go on to talk about eating disorders. As you will gather it has never been an issue to me although when I was at my worst, and that lasted many years, I had little appetite and my weight dropped. But risperidone put paid to that.

But more to point, although it is not an issue for me, I do like to note that eating disorders are serious mental health difficulties and there are many out there who battle day to day against these conditions.

So if you have an interest, have a looks at what is out there this week. There is an interesting blog on the Mind website about eating disorders in men, http://www.mind.org.uk/ .

I Heard a Voice.

PS My book is now also on sale at the Waterstones and WHSmith websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment