Thursday 24 February 2011

A Most Unexpected Day.

Hail and salutations!

So what news? I guess the biggest news is that I am back in the land of the living. Having struggled with headaches, exhaustion, and whole range of other symptoms for most of the past 3 weeks, I emerged back to life this week. Lesson learned, it is far harder to recover from concussion ages 41 than it is ages 21!

I returned to work this week full time. Some trepidation but much to my surprise my energy has returned. But it was challenging week to come back to. Last night I mused to a degree on why I have a job in the first place. And on paper, today looked rather scary.

So from 10 am until 4 pm I worked non stop. Most unexpectedly it went fantastically well! A day of surprises. I learned a long time ago that if you work in mental health, no day is ever as it seems. And today that proved right.

I drove home listening to the late great genius who was Bob Marley, mood elevated for the first time in while and looking forward to the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is all change. I'm headed to the seaside although at this time of the year that can be pretty bleak. Will see my mum and dad, catch up with friends and hopefully forget about the world. Happy days for me if not for some others in the troubled world of today.

No food news today, just heating stuff up, but I will mark my return to normality next week by going once again on my culinary adventures!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment