Saturday 4 September 2010

New to This

Hi,

The first post of a brand new blog. Actually I'm not really new to this as I've been blogging at work for the last 2 1/2 years. Just fancied branching out.

So, who am I? I suppose like many people I am many things. As the title suggests I'm a voice hearer. Well to be honest that has now been pretty much under control since 2001. I'm a Cambridge graduate with a passion for music, cooking, and sport. But perhaps more importantly I have lived with mental illness for 20 years. I know there are many blogs out there that deal with such a subject so please feel free to ignore me. But I hope I can bring something new to the field.

The other slightly odd thing about me is that I not only have a mental illness but I work in the field. That's pretty fashionable amongst Mental Health Trusts these days but certainly wasn't when I started in 2001. At least in those days no one talked about it.

I now work at a university and sit in both camps, the service user (I hate that term), and a service provider.

So this blog is kind of about being on both sides of the fence, probably with a healthy bent on food. Talking of which is will soon be time for Thai BBQ spare ribs.

Bye for now.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment