Saturday 29 September 2018

Calm Waters, Glittering Sunshine.

Hello out there, how are things? In my part of the world it is a beautiful day, mild and sunny, no wind, leaves turning and the serenity of a calm day pervades my life. It is all going well. Given how hard the last few months and if I'm honest last few years have been at times it is good to find calm waters.

Two weeks into the new academic year my anxiety free, mainly, experience continues. There have been no catastrophes. A lot of people have come forward but in the main they seem in better shape than in recent years. Of course a storm will brew up sooner or later but I'm enjoying a new found freedom.

My self belief is finally returning. I'm not getting carried away just taking each day as it comes, doing the best I can in the circumstances I face and coming home to be me again. That has been a long time coming.

The autumnal love affair with the NFL is keeping me going too. And the Rams march on, unbeaten after four games and surviving an epic shootout with the Vikings on Thursday night. Whilst I say survive they never really looked like being beaten. People are talking Super Bowl but there is a long way to go. Injuries have hit them and there will be more but for now I'm delighted.

Domestic things have taken up part of today. So hard to motivate myself to do all that tedious stuff but feels okay when under way. To the kitchen I go later, stir fried Hunan beef with red and green chillies and black beans. Tomorrow I will slow roast some belly pork. So long since I did that. Will cook on a bed of fennel and flavour with thyme. Maybe also roast some apple slices to go with it.

Now that I've been paid I look forward to the week. Always good to shop but will stay restrained. Except in the kitchen of course.

May your weekend be relaxing and the coming week productive. Autumn will roll ever on and winter will come. For now though happy days.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment