Saturday 6 May 2023

I Was Glad!

I was glad! Glad when they said unto me. The opening of Parry's glorious Coronation Anthem exploded round the vault of Westminster Abbey as King Charles III entered the building. And I got to hear the Vivat section reserved only for the Coronation. Actually I have sung it and sung in the Abbey. 

What fabulous music punctuating an extremely long service. Zadok the Priest is glorious but tinged with memories of psychosis in another grand cathedral in 1996. Yes mental illness at its worst.

The event has divided people in these troubled time but it is and was part our history. 

Pouring rain did not drive away the crowds just as it didn't in 1953 when Queen Elizabeth II was crowned. My mum was in that crowd. 

Now it's over I'm struggling to know what to do with myself. I did do some food shopping but little else today.

As the rain continues to hammer down I think I will just stay home for the time being. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment