Wednesday 8 May 2019

Thunderous Downpours.

What a terrible day. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning and cold. I was glad to be home and able to warm up in my flat. Why do I need the heating on in May?

You find me on a Wednesday evening listening to Handel's Rinaldo and passing the time in another week. Past half way with the holiday on Monday. Exams are in full swing and although my diary was packed only one person turned up. A few things irritated me as they do most days but I'm okay. I've rather neglected my mood diary recently. Whilst not really in the negative a lot has been a boring zero. Good things are happening and I'm helping people but little irritations set me back. Having good advice ignored. Being sidelined from events that really should be in my world. Limits being artificially placed for the wrong reasons. It is ever thus if one attempts to have a career.

A good thing did happen today. After work I called a clinical psychologist who I hope will become my supervisor. We meet the week after next so we will see where it goes. I once described in Charon's Ferry supervision as being"what keeps professionals sane". I've been without it for two years. They keep hassling me to sort it out so it is a relief to finally find someone.

In the kitchen I've been busy. To China I turned tonight. In the West we find it odd to cook cucumbers and other salad ingredients. In China these are rarely eaten raw. Few here can contemplate cooked lettuce but it wonderful stir fried with black fungus and chilli bean paste. BBQed little gem lettuce is a revelation. I like my eclectic approach to food. Like two of my great heroes David Bowie and Rick Stein I am something of magpie when it comes to my love of food.

Must try and get down to see dad at some point. Had planned to go in two weeks but Alyssa heading home to Canada negated that. Who knows when I will see her next?

Let's hope the sun shines tomorrow, life brightens up then. Until next time, good night.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment