Monday 27 May 2019

Bathed in Glorious Light.

Greetings on this Bank Holiday Monday. Verdi is accompanying my musings, the sun has temporarily ducked behind the clouds and lunch has been consumed.

It has been a fine break away from it. Leaving early on Friday to meet my new supervisor I came away impressed and uplifted by the fact that she gets it, tells it and knows it as it is. After a difficult week it was a fitting end.

Faced with a three day weekend I seized on the offer from my friend Nessa to go to London. We went to the Van Gogh exhibition at Tate Britain. My third time seeing the work of this tortured genius I was again mesmerised by him. There were a load of British paintings on show as well by those who had influenced or been influenced by him. They were pale afterthoughts in my mind obliterated by the dazzling light and colour of the man himself. As bright as The Sunflowers my day was lit up in a way it hasn't been for some time.

On our way back to the station we stopped off at a rather nice tapas bar in Pimlico. Run by a Spanish couple it was supremely authentic and the sun shone on us as we watched the world go by. Such a lovely day all round.

Rare roast beef and Chianti were my Sunday indulgences and beautiful they were too. A beef sandwich for lunch and then a drive in the country to find a pub. A splendid way to spend a holiday weekend.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment